Friday, June 21, 2013

Flubber!!

I will just come out and admit it I am totally and completely addicted to Pinterest! It is always, and I mean always, open on my laptop.  I love getting on and finding new things to do and try.  One of my favorite things to do on Pinterest is look for fun new activities to try with my 9 year old little sister.  Recently I found a recipe to make flubber.  It looked pretty fun so I followed the link to Live Craft Eat where I found the perfect tutorial on how to make some awesome flubber.  So I decided that it would be a great activity to do with my sister.  When I told her that we were going to make flubber she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about so I did what any person would do, I drove to the movie store and rented Flubber so she could watch it.  

I can't believe this movie is 15 years old! Image found here.

Now that she knew what I was talking about when I said flubber it was time to try making this awesome concoction!!

It didn’t take to much make this. All we need was:
·      ¾ cup of cold water
·      2 four ounce bottles of Elmers glue
·      food coloring
·      ½ cup hot water
·      1 teaspon of borax (you can find it in the laundry aisle)

All of our ingredients!
Getting all the ingredients together is seriously the hardest part of this process.  Once you get all your ingredients together get out two different bowls.  In one bowl mix together the cold water, the glue, and the food coloring. 

Adding in all the glue.
Mixing in our food coloring.
 In the other bowl mix the hot water and the borax together until the borax is completely dissolved. 
Before all the borax was dissolved.
Once all of the borax is dissolved pour the glue mixture into the borax mixture and then pour off all the extra water. That’s it! 

She thought it felt so weird at first.

She made an adorable melting snowman!
It’s a super simple recipe that my sister and I have gotten hours of fun out of!! I hope you have as much fun with it as we did! I can't wait to how it went for all of you!

5 comments:

  1. Is the movie really 15 years old? I feel ancient, LOL. I might try to make some myself. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    xoxo
    Sockwun
    ExtraExtravagant.bs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I seriously thought that it was maybe 10 years old!!

      Delete
  2. I remember making something similar when i was a kid, we LOVE it! So fun! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also addicted to Pinterest! Just pinned this - will have to try and make this with the kids this week!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning! I would love to hear how your kids liked it!

      Delete