Monday, June 17, 2013

T-Shirt Bracelets

Today my sisters and I decided that we were going to make some t-shirt bracelets.  We thought it would be a fun and quick little project, and while it was definitely fun it took a very long time to actually do it.  The main reason it took so long was because we had to cut up all of the t-shirts (we used 5) into strips.  But the bracelets turned out awesome!!

All we needed for these were:
Old t-shirts
Thread
Needle
Scissors

All the shirts before I cut them.
The first thing that I did was cut the t-shirts.  I thought it was easiest to cut out the seems and stitches first and then cut them into strips (around 16 or so inches).

The strips from all my t-shirts.
When I finished cutting the shirts into strips I picked my three different strips and sewed the tops of them together, but if you wanted you could just hold them together with a binder clip I just didn't like not having the strands attached to each other.

My attempt at trying to use a binder clip.
After they were sewed together I started braiding the strands together.  This was kind of hard to do, but if you have someone else hold the top while you start the braid it makes it much easier! I continued to braid my strips together until I got to the end.  When I reached the end I sewed the separate strips together again. Once they were sewn together it was way too long to be a bracelet, but could have made a great headband.

My giant bracelet!
I had my mom help me tie it on my wrist and cut the extra off.  My bracelet was now actually the size it should be, and I sewed the edges again, just so that they wouldn’t fray too much!

My second t-shirt bracelet and first attempt at learning how to fishtail braid!


The third bracelet that i made!
Overall this was a really fun project that I didn’t need anything for that wasn’t already in my house!  I would definitely make these again because they are super easy and fun! They also didn’t take too long, once we got all the t-shirts got cut up!

I would love to hear your feedback on my project!! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the Tuesday Treasures blog hop today and welcome to the blogosphere, girl! Love this project - seems easy and fun! How did the final product turn out?! Would love to see how it looks!

    With Love,
    Ashliegh
    www.darlingprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete